A credit card is a plastic instrument that enables you to purchase grocery accessories, travel, and movie tickets. The money spent on the card helps you to earn rewards, discounts, cashback, fuel charge wavers, and many more. You can redeem the rewards for exclusive gifts, cashback to the credit card account, etc.
If you are looking for the best credit cards in India that provide exclusive benefits, then this article will be quite helpful for you. Read the article below to know the 5 best credit cards in India.
List of the 5 Best Credit Card In India
|Best Credit Cards||Joining Fee||Annual Fee||Best Suited For|
|Indian Oil Citi Platinum Card||Communicated at the time of application||1000 ( Waived on the annual expenditure of Minimum Rs.30000||Fuel|
|Yes First Preferred Premium Card||Rs. 2499||Rs. 1,50,000 P.M.||Shopping And Travel|
|Simply Click SBI Card||Rs. 499||Rs. 20000 P.M.||Rewards|
|HDFC Money-Back Credit Card||Rs.499||Rs.499||Rewards|
|HSBC VISA Platinum Card||Nil||Nil||Travel, Dining, Movies|
Benefits of The Best 5 Credit Cards in India :
Indian Oil Citi Platinum Card
- Fuel surcharge wavers at Indian oil petrol pumps.
- Get an annual fee waiver on spend of Rs.30,000 per annum.
- Get an opportunity to earn 4 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent on the purchase of fuel at Indian Oil petrol pumps across India. Also, earn 4 points at selected partner outlets as well.
- Get an opportunity to earn 2 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent at supermarkets and grocery stores.
- Get an opportunity to earn 1 Turbo Points on every Rs.150 spent on all other purchases.
- You now also redeem Turbo Points for free fuel at IndianOil petrol pumps.One Turbo Point is equal to free fuel worth Rs.1. Points can also be redeemed at selected merchant stores and for gift vouchers at major brands.
- Enjoy personal concierge offers and services on dining and shopping.
Yes First Preferred Premium Card
- Get a welcome gift of 10,000 reward points on doing the first time shopping within 90 days of card activation.
- Get renewal benefits of 7,500 reward points every year on renewal fee.
- Earn 8 reward points per Rs. 200 across different categories.
- Earn 2X rewards on domestic Airlines, Travel Agencies & Tour Operators, and Dining.
- You can redeem rewards to purchase products from an exclusive catalogue or to book flight/hotel/movie tickets from YES Bank’s website (1 Reward Point = Re. 0.25).
- You can easily transform reward points into Intermiles in 4:1 ratio
- Enjoy the benefits of complimentary Priority Pass Membership along with 4 free visits in a year.
- Avail dedicated concierge service and automobile assistance via YES ASSIST.
- Enjoy the benefits of a preferential foreign exchange markup fee of 1.75% only.
- Enjoy the benefits of 25% off on movie tickets booked through BookMyShow.
- Avail the complimentary insurance covers including life cover, medical insurance and credit shield cove.
Simply Click SBI Card
- Get Rs. 500 gift voucher as the welcome gift
- You can earn 1 reward point on every Rs.100 spent on the card.
- Get 5X Rewards on all online spenings.
- Get 10X rewards on making online spenings with exclusive partners of SBI Cards.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions worth Rs. 500 to Rs. 3,000 subject to a maximum waiver of Rs. 100 per billing cycle
- Spend Rs. 1 Lakh per annum and get the annual fee of Rs. 499 back.
- Avail the benefits of the contactless feature and make payment by just waving the card in front of a POS terminal
HDFC Money Back Credit Card
- You can earn 2 reward points each time you spend Rs.150 from your card.
- Earn 2X more reward points for online purchasing.
- You can redeem your reward points for gifts and air miles from the exclusive rewards stores.
- A Minimum of 2,500 points are needed to redeem reward points.
- The points that are collected valid for 2 years from the accumulation date.
- Get an e-voucher(valid for 60 days) worth Rs.500 on spends of 50,00 above per quarter on retail purchases.
- You can make savings of up to Rs.1,800 annually on fuel at petrol stations anywhere in India.
- 100% off on fuel surcharge with up to Rs.250 savings every billing cycle.
- Zero liability on transactions that are fraudulent after the loss of the card is reported.
HSBC VISA Platinum Card
- During the initial 90 days, avail 10% cashback on all spends, provided at least transactions are made and the minimum spend is Rs.10,000. Avail a maximum cashback of Rs.2,000.
- You can earn 2 points on every Rs.150 spent on the card.
- Earn extra reward points at selected extra partners.
- Spend minimum Rs.4,00,000 in a year and get an opportunity to earn 5x rewards on all the successive transactions.
- Spend minimum Rs.50,000 in a month to get movie vouchers worth Rs.500.
- Enjoy a fuel surcharge waiver while spending for fuel using the card.
- Avail discounts on dining under HSBC Dining Privileges.
How To Compare and Select Your Best Credit Card?
When it comes to selecting the best credit card, you need to do research on offers fees, benefits etc. So ensure to compare different cars on the following parameters:
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Interest – Free credit period
- Rewards and their redemption value
- Latest offer on Dining, Shopping, Entertainment, Travel, etc.
Click here to read our next blog: Falling Stocks – An opportunity to grow | What to do when stocks go down?